During the winter, especially the harsh month of January, our skin can suddenly become dehydrated and lose all its luminosity. Here are a few key pieces that are winter essentials to keep your skin healthy and moisturized and looking fabulous.
1. Caudalie Gentle Cleanser– If you aren’t using a gentle cleanser, switch to one now. This one by Caudalie is gentle, super creamy, and removes all traces of makeup. It doesn’t have parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes and phthalates so the chances of it being less irritating are much better.
2. Lisa Hoffman Beauty Lip Moisturizer– Don’t forget your lips, they need moisture too. Packed with vitamins A, C, & E and olive, avocado, and sweet almond oil your lips will never be dry again.
3. Galen Labs Shea Cream – It starts out almost as a solid, but rub your hands together and it becomes a soft almost liquid-like texture. Perfect for sensitive skin, and skin with issues like eczema. My skin stays moisturized for over 12 hours and it calms any irritations.
4. Becca and Mars Hand Candy Sugar Scrub – Hands can get dry and chapped quite easily in the winter so I use this Becca and Mars Hand Scrub. It’s exfoliating yet gentle and leaves your hands super moisturized. Made with 100% natural ingredients and it leaves your hands smelling yummy too.
5. Dove Visible Care Body Wash – This body wash is like a thick cream that leaves my skin very moisturized. I almost don’t need a moisturizer afterwards. Almost.
6. Amala Hydrating Yogurt Mask – At least once a week I give my face a boost of moisture with this hydrating mask. Made with jasmine, macadamia nut and wild rose and organic milk emulsifier.
7. Chantecaille Protection Naturelle SPF 46 – All this taking care of your skin with moisturizers and such doesn’t matter if you don’t protect it first. Never leave the house without sunscreen and this lovely one won’t mess up your makeup.
8. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate – I have been using this twice a week for years. ExfoliKate is a must-have no matter what the season and is available in gentle and regular versions. Today I received a company email that there is a new acne version too. Removing the dead skin cells is imperative to allow all your moisturizing products work to their best ability.
9. Lancome Absolue Precious Cells– I turn to Lancome Absolue Precious Cells constantly. My skin drinks in this thick moisturizer in the winter. The day version has an SPF 15 (a big plus) and there’s a night time version too, which works to repair your skin while you sleep.