You may be familiar with the name Tatcha as it is synonymous with elegant beauty blotting papers. About 3 years ago Tatcha came out with these remarkable beauty blotting papers to absorb oil on the skin without disturbing the makeup on your face or adding a layer of powder to it either. Originally used in ancient Japanese craft of gold leafing, these Aburatorigami papers are made from 100% abaca leaf and contain flecks of gold. They are large ( about 3¾” sq.) so you can blot the face with one paper. I carry these in every handbag and keep a pack in my desk drawer. I truly feel they are a beauty necessity for me.
Not to assume that beautiful skin can only come from a beauty paper, TATCHA launched a skincare line this spring. Determined to find out the Geisha’s secret to flawless skin, which had been previously believed to have only been word of mouth, TATCHA discovered a 200 year old manuscript that was translated to reveal the beauty ingredients and rituals. This is what the TATCHA skincare line is based on; the proprietary process involving the most precious green teas, Okinawa red algae, rice bran and other time-tested ingredients.
I was sent the TATCHA Sampler Set to test the skincare line and the products are so lightweight and creamy that they feel like silk. This is an amazingly gentle skincare line that leaves the skin glowing and silky soft. This is a four-step skincare ritual.
- Cleansing – The cleansing oil is made with camellia and rice oils (NO mineral oils) and does not require a 2 step cleansing process like many other cleansing oils do. It easily melts away the makeup and dirt and yes, even though it is an oil, it can be used on ALL skin types.
- Polishing Powder – There are 3 formulas of the rice enzyme powder, Gentle, Classic and Deep, to be used as a daily exfoliant. These work in an unusual way – wet the face and the hands and pour the powder into the hand and rub together – it becomes foamy, then apply to the face. They don’t scratch like some exfoliants do, but instead the enzymes remove the dead skin cells and leave the face very soft. The Classic and Deep were my favorite formulas.
- Brightening Serum – A soft, gentle almost lotion-like texture the Brightening Serum contains green tea, red algae and rice extracts for protection against UV oxidation damage to the skin.
- Moisture Rich Silk Cream – The last step in the daily skincare ritual. I was truly shocked at how lightweight, and silky this cream is. It felt like the most expensive silk was whipped into a weightless cream. It was so silky that the small sample pot lasted me weeks!
One lucky reader will be able to win the TATCHA Sampler Set, the same set that was sent to me for testing the product line! Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Enter your name in the comments
- For purposes of preventing spammers, tell me if you’ve ever used TATCHA beauty papers
- Contest ends on Monday, August 13th at 11:59 p.m. CST
- One entry per person
- Sweepstakes/contest winnings are offered by TATCHA
TATCHA is available at Barneys and TATCHA online.