If you are looking to make one Spring Collection purchase, I highly recommend this Laura Mercier First Blush Palette. $55. In one word – BEAUTIFUL.
I should have taken my photo before I used it once, but oh well – it will have many, many more uses this spring and into summer.
The shades are perfect in color for many skin tones making this a very wearable palette for women over 40. There are three eye shadows, three lip colors and two blushes.
Eye Shadows are:
- Buff – really as the color describes, in a matte finish
- Tawny apricot – a beautiful shimmer shade that is not too peach and not too tan, but a perfect combo of the two.
- Granite – a dark greyed shade of brown. Not too much black.
Lip Glaze Colors are:
- Natural – nude with a hint towards a light terra cota shade.
- Naked – a sheer nude with a little bit of golden tone
- Flushed – a perfect pinkish/terra cota/deep nude shade without being dark.
Blush Colors are:
- Blushing Peach – a warm peach, but light enough to be used as a highlighter, with a teeny bit of shimmer.
- Blushing Pink – a soft pink to add a pop of color on the cheeks, again with a teeny bit of shimmer.
This palette is the perfect mix of pinks and peaches and that is what I think makes it so wearable for all skin types. The shades are also not intense colors, making this wearable for a long time, and at any age.
I see it’s already sold out at Nordstrom online, so check it out quickly before they are all gone.