Bronzing powders and highlighting powders can add a touch of warmth and youthfulness to the face. But, one of the things we have to watch out for as we age is using too much shimmer. As Jacquey George told us, we need to be strategic in using shimmery powders, and this Sensai Designing Duo Bronzing Powder is a beautiful bronzing and shimmer powder that adds a “lit-from-within” look to the face.
Sensai Designing Duo Bronzing Powder contains
- Golden Pearl Powder – a unique combination of 24K gold corpuscles and pearl particles.
- Koishimaru Silk Extract – a rare silk extract, once reserved for the Imperial family, that contributes to the superior moisturizing properties and exquisite textures of Sensai products.
- Phyto-Squalane – a natural botanical oil that is close in structure to human sebum.
- Rice Extract – a very gentle moisturizing property.
- Pure Macadamia Oil – a light and gentle oil that acts as a sealant to prevent moisture loss.
From the description above you can tell that this is not an ordinary bronzing powder. The ingredients make it luxurious and good for skin, especially normal to dry skin. As you can see in the image there is a gradual gradation of a darker shade on the left to a light golden shade on the right. That’s not shadowing of the photograph, that is the way it actually looks. Stunning. The compact also comes with a flat brush that is actually usable in a pinch.
They suggest two techniques in which to use this powder. Veiling Technique – which is to blend the colors in the compact together and sweep it gently over the face for an even veil of bronze. In doing this, I never got that “over-bronzed” look, but a soft, gentle shade of a warm glow more than a bronze. The second technique is the Brightening Technique – use the golden side of the compact with a more compact size brush or the side of the brush included and apply to the top of the cheekbones and on the throat, and buff out to get a natural look.
I truly thought this beautiful powder would be outrageously expensive for as luxurious and beautiful as it is. While it sells for $45 at Bergdorf, Neimans and Sensai-cosmetics.com, I thought for the high end line that Sensai is, it would be about $20 more than what it sells for. I love the subtlety, light bronze and gentle glow this beautiful powder offers.
Product sent for consideration of review. All opinions are my own.