For the world premiere of the movie Oz The Great and Powerful, Rachel Weisz had her sleek, low bun created by Ben Skervin using the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series hair products. This new line of hair products is now available at mass retailers. Making her hair super-sleek and shiny gave the low bun a modern look paired with her Victoria Beckham dress. Here’s how he created the look on Rachel Weisz
1. Mist hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray before blowing hair out with a large round brush to ensure the hair is smooth.
2. Once dry, flat iron the roots and mid lengths of the hair for a glossy finish. Then using a rat tail comb, create a deep side part.
3. Use Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extreme Smooth Combing Crème over the surface of the hair and tightly brush the hair back into a low ponytail. Use a hair band to secure the ponytail in place at the nape of the neck.
4. Comb a small amount of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Mega Firm Hold Gel through the ponytail to keep the hair together.
5. To create the looped circular bun, start at the bottom of the ponytail and roll the hair underneath it until it reaches the base of the ponytail. Secure the roll with bobby pins.
6. Lastly, smooth gel over the top of the hair for a super shiny look and lock the entire look in place with hairspray to smooth any flyaways.