By D’Ann Zona, Fitness Contributor
We read this story on the amazing Daniella the other day on her fitness and exercise and how it helped her through her cancer and other life trials and tribulations. Daniella is sharing with us her exercise routine that she used for staying fit during cancer treatments.
I usually like to break up upper body from lower body and target specific muscle groups. But if I was pressed on time and wanted to do a quick full body circuit I would do the following home workout…no machines required(except cardio if available): This workout can be done in 30-45 minutes.
Use weight that is challenging, but you can complete all the reps required. Form should always be #1 priority to keep it safe. Do not sacrifice safety for heavier weight.
- Warm up on cardio machine for 3 minutes or if none available jog in place or shadow box
- Dumbbell biceps curls- 3 sets 12 reps
- Overhead triceps extension- 3 sets 15 reps
- Lateral shoulder raises- 3 sets 12 reps
- Bent over dumbbell row- 3 sets 12 reps
- Dumbbell squats- 3 sets 12 reps
- Reverse crossover dumbbell lunges- 3 sets 12 reps
- Calf raises- 3 sets 20 reps